Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Awesome Sci-fi Shows

It's a well known fact that nerds rule the world. Almost as well known is the fact that they create awesome TV shows. Some kick-butt shows I've been watching lately:

Fringe: I'm a freaking fan girl for this show this season. It's on it's third season, and whereas most shows are fizzling by this point, this season of Fringe is the best yet--all the slow build-up of mystery and character development through the first two seasons is finally having pay-off in some AMAZING STORYLINES!!!! And of course there's Pacey, ahem, I mean Peter, all handsome with his scruffy delectability!

The Cape: Full disclosure: I love superheroes in any form. This show's a little campy, but the stylized tone and carnival aspect of the show works well, at least so far. Let's see if they can keep it up.


Being Human: The premise for this show sounds like one of those old jokes: a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost walk into a bar... ok, actually they just all live together in an apartment. I love any show that examines what it is to be human from the point of view of a 'monster.' I've been watching a lot of Dexter (season 2 & 3 on dvd) and I love it for the same reason. Being Human is a really fascinating character drama, with, you know, monsters and all their delicious temptations.


I also saw Black Swan yesterday, and it didn't seem as creepy or crazy as everyone had said. I think the gore had just been hyped so I was prepared, but it was intense and awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment