Friday, January 14, 2011

And Out It Goes!

So, my novel GLITCH is officially out on submission to editors! Agent Dude has gotten some bites on it, and now it's just wait time (in my head I'm assigning a month or two wait time so I don't go bananas in the meanwhile). I'm wiggin' out a little bit, but mostly am keeping my brain busy with other things like finishing my thesis proposal and getting the house ready to sell. And devouring newly obtained YA lit:

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: This is one of the MOST GORGEOUS COVERS ever. Seriously, maybe you have to see it in person for the full effect, but the matte purple backround, raised image of the chick in the foreground and silver script--so gorgeous. And the book inside sounds pretty exciting and I've heard good reviews too. I've been excited about this one for awhile and bought it yesterday. I'm diving into it tonight!

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl: I know this was released a few months ago, but I just finally got my hands on a copy from the library. I liked the first one, we'll see how the author's keep up the tension and story in book II.

And last, thoughts from the always-inspiring-and-sanity-reminding Natalie Goldberg:

The deepest secret in our heart of hearts is that we are writing because we love the world, and why not finally carry that secret out with our bodies into the living rooms and porches, backyards and grocery stores? Let the whole thing flower: the poem and the person writing the poem. And let us always be kind in this world. -Writing Down the Bones (120).

No comments:

Post a Comment