Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The World Breaks Open


Yesterday was quite horrible, but today surprisingly peaceful. Things, they do expand, and hopefully, holding to beauty and integrity will count for something. Here's hoping, raising my wine glass to toast bright life in all its strange manifestations. I hope all my dear readers will pardon my emo and ambiguous tendencies lately ;) I write in riddles and metaphor what I cannot quite yet speak out loud.

Joseph Campbell, my beautiful guide in times of uncertainty, writes:

The sublime in contrast to beauty? That which is beauty does not threaten you. Even the terror of tragedy is not as threatening as something that blows you to pieces.

Have you experienced that? A moment that blows you to pieces? Those moments enlargen us, make that wild thing caught inside our ribcage expand beyond the confines of skin. "The world breaks open" Campbell writes further.

Yes, yes, yes.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.

This is a profound thought.

2 comments:

  1. The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.

    Love that. So beautiful.

    Hope things continue to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Heather. Really lovely. Wishing you a bright day : )

    ReplyDelete