Monday, February 21, 2011

Gut Reaction After Finishing Across the Universe

So. HOLY FREAKING SH#*!!!! I just finished Across the Universe by Beth Revis. I've been anticipating this book ever since the cover and premise reveal. I was patient when I couldn't get my hands on an ARC, then the semester started, so I waited for the library to order a copy. That copy has been sitting on my bedside table for a week. And tonight I picked it up and devoured it in one sitting.

Almost every time that I anticipate a book so much, it's a bit of a let down. But This. Freaking. Book. I mean, so much of YA tends to circulate around the same themes: supernatural dude, high school girl, danger, evil, kick-butt fighting. But this book, not only did it have a concept that's just so original as far as YA fare, but then it's so amazingly executed! I mean, I'm really just sitting here flabbergasted, and still reeling from everything that happened at the end, still feeling the characters in my friggin gut. So, um, yeah, actual coherent review to come later, but all I can say now is it's freaking awesome and YOU SHOULD READ THIS BOOK.

Across the Universe at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment