- Reading about interesting ideas (aka academic research)= Awesome, life affirming
- Being forced to synthesize those ideas into specific narrow thoughts and write a half-ass paper in a week = NOT Awesome
- Panic attacks = Not Awesome
- Dropping a class and cancelling academic conference paper presentation = AWESOME
- Attending aforementioned class on an Auditing basis just to talk about ideas with no stress= Awesome
- Tattoos = AWESOME
- Oh, and Tax Returns = Awesome
Conclusion: I love ideas. I love creative writing and art. I do not love academic writing, and when I go back to it for my thesis slowly over the next year, I'll do it on my terms, slowly, letting the passion for ideas manifest without hard deadlines. Also awesome this week: husbands, cute 6-yr-olds, and the internet (especially all you Apocalypsies!).