Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Randomosity, aka What I've Been Up To This Week

So this week I:
- finished editing a solid draft of book 2!!!!!!!!!!
- am working to finish a couple beta reads still out
- finally acknowledged the extra ten pounds I gained this year aren't going to magically melt away went and bought pants that actually fit. Fitting into your pants in the morning and not having to squirm like a pig trying to get into its blanket = WIN!
- cleaned out my inboxes
- am toying with the idea of writing book 3 during NaNoWriMo. I have the time. I'm not in school and don't have a job, so I guess that theoretically means I'm a full time writer ;)  And drafting is a great high. There's nothing like that piling up word count. It feels so tangible, in a job that is often so not. I don't know if I'd get the whole thing done in a month, but I think I could get at least a hefty half, and I like being part of the energy of people around the country, even the world, all writing together. I have an outline, and I've been day-dreaming scenes from it the past couple weeks, a sure fire Good Sign.
- am reading the Game of Thrones series and trying to remember how to speed read ;)

2 comments:

  1. Everybody is talking about Game of Thrones. I can't decide if I should check out the books or TV show.

    Congratulations on finishing your editing on book 2 and good luck with drafting book 3. It sounds like the creative juices are really flowing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for more editing! I swear, each round of editing feels like a major triumph sometimes, lol! Good luck with NaNoWriMo, Heather!

    ReplyDelete