Monday, April 6, 2009

Jaw-Ache Inducing Neurosis

So, in a new episode of neurosis, I have started grinding my teeth when I sleep and doing a bizarre tensing-my-jaw constantly when I'm awake. The husband told me I was audibly grinding my teeth while I was sleeping the other night. Plus, during the day, I can feel myself holding my jaw tight and tense, but then when I think about it, it gets worse, which makes me even more neurotic about it, which makes it tense even more!

Yeah, it's weird, and I'm attributing it to underlying stress while I wait for a second acceptance from one of the damn literary magazines - some of the irons in the fire should be coming up with a response this week, and it's driving me crazy. And inducing me to a penchant for Advil to calm down my aching jaw and neck.

Other than that, life's good. I finished the numbers obsessed story, titled "The Numeric Plague" and edited it like hell all weekend, then sent it out about 8 places. I think it's the smartest thing I've written, and with the actual rising action, big climax thing, along with intentential irony throughout. I won't hear back about that one for 2 months though, so the waiting game continues, and continues, and continues...

I am not a patient person.

But I'm also nothing if not stubborn, so even if it all comes up rejections, I'll keep pounding away at it, re-editing, writing new stuff. I'm not sure if that makes me an optimist or a masochist.

No comments:

Post a Comment