Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Some days are...

... a kick in the pants. Today was just one of those wicked tough days, both for me and my husband in our respective pursuits. He's in his first year as a PhD student, and I'm just a little in limbo trying to figure out where this book is going to go, and some days are well, the kind that kick you in the pants!!

But what this post is really about is how super lovey dovey I feel for my husband. So tonight we were both kind in downs-ville, bumming about our fears of failure and all the things that could go wrong, and awhile later he stops and says: "but the most important thing in my life is you, and we're good and that makes everything else okay."

At which point I turned into a happy sobby mess and hugged him hard. He's right though. Sometimes life just feels really f'ing tenuous you know? This this last year made me realize how life's crazy and hard and if you are lucky enough to find someone solid, then you're one of the luckiest f'ing sobs on earth. This is a man who has put up with years of my debilitating sickness, tons of other bs, and has loved me through everything. I love him so f'ing much. The Titanic might feel like it's sinking around us sometimes, but being together makes you believe you can survive it, it makes all the difference in the world.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, I would of turned into a happy sobby mess as well. Your husband sounds really sweet.

    I completely understand those kind of days and hope they in on a happy note like this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there, right down to the first year of a PhD program and on to hell and back, having a supportive partner makes all the difference. I know you guys had rough times this year, which makes it even more poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach it, girl. With the two of you against the world, nothing can truly shake you. xo

    ReplyDelete